Choosing a contractor for any kind of job can be something of a challenge. Regardless of how you come across an electrical contractor, it’s important to do your due diligence and make sure you are hiring someone who is reliable and right for the job you have in mind.
Here are some tips for how to choose an electrical contractor in Anaconda, MT:
- Know exactly what you need done: You should be able to clearly define the project you are looking to have completed. Is it a small job, or an extensive project, such as a new home or an addition to an existing home? Knowing your job will help you narrow down your search, as you need to be sure that an electrical contractor you choose has experience in your specific type of job request and will be able to get it done for you in a reasonable amount of time. Not all electrical contractors are able to take on all types of electrical jobs.
- Look for contractors with a good reputation: Use the available resources you have to find a contractor who seems to be well respected. Ask around to people you know, including family members, friends or colleagues, and see if they have worked with anyone they’d recommend. These types of word of mouth recommendations are typically most reliable, as someone you know and like isn’t going to be likely to recommend a contractor if they had a bad experience with them. You can also browse sites like Yelp, Google Reviews and Angie’s List to see what other people who have worked with the contractor have had to say about their services. Look for trends within these reviews rather than focusing on any one particular review too much.
- Get estimates: Get estimates for the job from as many contractors as you can. Even if they’re not able to give you an exact figure, try to get as close as you’re able. While you should not necessarily base your hiring decision solely on who gives you the lowest quote, these estimates are handy for comparing and contrasting among different contractors and can be a useful tiebreaker when you have a decision to make.
- Make sure they have a certificate of workers’ compensation and liability insurance: The contractor should be insured in the case of an accident. The policy they have should be enough to cover any damage done to your house, as well as any injuries that occur during the process of working on your job. This will protect you from being liable in these types of situations.
- Choose someone who is great with customer service: Whenever you hire a contractor, you are going to want to work with someone who is good with communication and is simply pleasant to work with. Why work with someone who is irritable, unhelpful or non-communicative, when there are so many contractors to choose from?
Contact Colbert’s Electric Inc. today to learn more about our services as an electrical contractor in Anaconda, MT.