Businesses big and small rely on miles and miles of network cabling to connect them to the outside world. Between state of the art computer workstations, fax machines, routers, phone lines and just about every other form of communication technology in a workspace, it’s imperative to have the right cabling infrastructure to support them all.
But simply having the appropriate network cabling in Anaconda, MT isn’t enough: it takes the appropriate infrastructure setup to ensure seamless function, easy troubleshooting and future expansion where cabling is concerned. Take a look at some of the essential factors that need to be taken into account when laying cable and why they’re so important to get right the first time:
- First and foremost: cable management is a top priority. Many customers tend to overlook the organizational aspects of network cabling in Anaconda, MT because they can save some money upfront. This is a big mistake in the long run. Cable management via a ladder rack, labelling tags, color coding or any other means is going to make future work easier, future expansions simpler and troubleshooting much more efficient.
- Planning for the future becomes imperative when you’re laying network cabling. Sure, you might not need certain implementations currently, but if the future holds the necessity for an upgrade, it’s important to plan proactively. Invest in better technologies and a well approached plan when it comes to actually laying the cable and your future endeavors will be accommodated in kind when the time comes to invest in them.
- Beware of parallel lines and the interference they can cause. Running network cabling next to electrical wiring, florescent lighting and other items designed to shield against ambient electrical interference is going to stunt the capabilities of your network cabling and leave you with data transmission problems down the road.
- Make sure everything is up to code! You’d be amazed at the regulatory components that come with laying extensive network cabling, but it’s important to realize that code exists for a reason and that reason is usually safety. Ignoring cabling codes could result in anything from a fine to a full tear out and reinstallation of your system!
- Finally, testing your cabling as it’s being laid is critical in ensuring the entire system is properly installed to spec. Testing can quickly and easily be done and can save you and your installation tech the trouble of having to come back out to a jobsite, route an issue and re-install huge segments of your network cabling in Anaconda, MT.
There are a million ways to install network cabling the wrong way, but all it takes to ensure the job is done right is a tailored approach and a quality plan, put into action by experienced professionals. If you’re in need of network cabling, laid right the first time, call the professionals at Colbert’s Electric, Inc.! We have decades of experience behind us when it comes to cabling jobs big and small, and are here to make sure your telecommunications are up and running to their fullest, right from the get-go.